When: April 21, Saturday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm,
Cost: $25.00 per-person
Where: Hampton Inn and Suites, 7611 Shaffer Pkwy, Littleton, CO 80127
Continental breakfast/check-in and registration between 8:00 – 9:00 am.
Questions to be addressed:
- How does one define an abusive religious group or high-demand church?
- Where does the responsibility rest for one’s involvement?
- How do family and friends cope when loved ones join one of these groups?
- Why and how do people exit these destructive groups or churches?
- How can healing and recovery for all involved best occur?
- What are supportive resources for increased understanding and recovery?
Doug Feil, MS, LPC – Executive Director of Southwest Counseling Association, and a clinical therapist and licensed professional counselor he has a broad range of experience, extensively with all aspects of recovery from abuse and codependency.
Pat Knapp, M.A., A.B.D. – (Psychology), co-director of Becoming Free and provides support/recovery coaching for former members and families affected by religious abuse. His PhD dissertation will be on religious abuse and recovery.
Grace Adams & Poia Alpha are sisters and former members of the Branch Davidians (WACO) who lost relatives in the culminating fire. They are jointly writing a book on their journey through and recovery from the Branch Davidians. Grace has been on numerous TV specials concerning WACO. Poia has been a social worker and educator for the past 30 years. Both have passion to educate the public about cult awareness and what recovery from religious abuse may typically entail. Both Grace and Poia currently reside in New Zealand.
Pre-Register at: https://www.becomingfree.org/events
For additional biographic information or questions: Call Pat or Heidi Knapp 720-227-8695