Cult Recovery, cult counseling, cult professionals, mental health professionals with cult recovery experience, former cult member counseling, cult recovery therapists, experienced cult recovery counseling.
- Bardin, L. (2000). Coping with Cult Involvement Bonita Springs, FL: AFF
- Cialdini, R.B. (1984).Influence: The Psychology of Modern Persuasion New York: Quill.
- Enroth, Ronald M. (1993). Churches that Abuse and Healing from Churches that Abuse
Help for those hurt by legalism, authoritarian leadership, manipulation, excessive discipline, and spiritual intimidation. These books are online free.
- Giambalvo, C. (1992). Exit Counseling: A Family Intervention Bonita Springs, FL: AFF.
- Hassan, S. (1988). Combatting Cult Mind Control Rochester, VT: Park Street Press.
- Hoffer, E. (1951). The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements New York: Harper & Row Publishers.
- Lalich, Janja (1988) Bounded Choice: True Believers and Charismatic Cults
- Langone, M.D. (Ed). (1993). Recovery from Cults: Help for Victims of Psychological and Spiritual Abuse New York: W. Norton & Company.
- Lifton, R.J. (1961). Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism New York: W.W. Norton & Company.
- Singer, M.T. (1995). Cults in our Midst: Hidden Menace in Our Lives San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Tobias, M.L. & Lalich, J. (2006). Take Back Your Life-Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships Berkeley, CA: Bay Tree Publishing.
- Porterfield, Kay Marie. (1995). Straight Talk About Cults New York: Facts On File, Inc. (especially for young adult readers)
- Ford, W. (1993). Recovery from Abusive Groups Bonita Springs, FL: AFF
- Gilovich, Thomas (1991). How We Know What Isn’t So, The Fallibility of Human Reason in Everyday Life The Free Press, Macmillan.
- Herman, J.L. (1992).Trauma and Recovery New York: Basic Books.
Cults and Groups
Bible Based Groups and Abusive Churches
- Giambalvo, C. & Rosedale, H. (1996). The Boston Movement: Critical Perspectives on the International Churches of Christ Bonita Springs, FL: AFF.
- Johnson, D. & VanVonderen, J. (1991). The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers.
- Winell, M. (1994). Leaving the Fold. A Guide for Former Fundamentalists and Others leaving their Religion Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
- Duncan, W.J. (2006) I Can’t Hear God Anymore, Life in a Dallas Cult Rowlett, TX: VM Life Resources
Commercial Cults, Multi Level Marketing
Eastern Meditation and Guru Cults, Guru’s and Religions
- Tourish, D. & Wohlforth, T. (2000). On the Edge: Political Cults Right and Left Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe.
- Stein, Alexandra, Ph.D (2017). Terror, Love and Brainwashing: Attachment in cults and totalitarian systems Routledge.
- Singer, M.T. & Lalich, J. (1996). “Crazy Therapies” San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
Occult and Satanic Cults
Polygamy Cults, Groups, Religions